Aktuelle Zeit: 25. Nov 2017, 01:14  

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 14 Beiträge ] Gehe zu Seite  1, 2  Nächste
 Hi from Croatia 
AutorNachricht

Beitrag Hi from Croatia
Hi there,

I am from Croatia and riding 2001 Drifter 1500.

Bild

11. Apr 2015, 08:19

Beitrag Re: Hi from Croatia
Welcome! :yiki:

11. Apr 2015, 09:33
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Welcome, now you se your Pict. pls. tell us your name ?
Thank`s Reiner

11. Apr 2015, 10:11
Profil   Persönliches Album
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Welcome,

please tell us something more about you and your bike.
Looks nice, with the hypercharger and the big indian headlamp.
so long
Ingo

11. Apr 2015, 11:29

Thanks for the picture and welcome.

My name is Hrvoje Lazic. I am from Zagreb.

I bought the bike 3 years ago. It had 11000km (18000 at the moment) but it was standing in the garage for few years and it looked relay sad. The good thing was that the previous owner didn't miss any yearly services so although dirty, bike was still in the perfect condition.
All it needed was a good cleaning and polishing. The color is original (I think this color was only for 2001).

It had a nice list of extras. I only added crash bar (custom made) and chrome (custom made) mounts for rear saddlebags. I am proud on those mounts since they look good on the bike even without saddlebags.

In general, bike is in a perfect conditions - as it looks like on the picture. I bought it without any Kawasaki markings so I made "Drifter" stickers for the fuel tank - I choose font that is similar to Indian original font.

Bild

11. Apr 2015, 12:56
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Hello Hrvoje,

I don't know how the bike looks before, but I think you've done a good work by cleaning and polishing the bike. It look's great.
Your extra's are also good, the mounts looks beautyful. I think they are only for the 1500er custom made.
Cheers
Ingo

Hope you can enjoy this forum because of the language

11. Apr 2015, 23:08

thanks, I prefer solo seat on Drifter but I had the issue with the luggage. I was thinking how to solve that and got the idea. I went to the guy who has chrome workshop and he build/curved the mount from the peace of chrome. The result was better than I expected.

At that time I was in a hurry and I just went to Louis and bought a pair of smallest saddlebags because I didn't want them to stick above the rear fender - wanted fender to stay visible. I was limited with the space due to the exhaust pipe.

I am not happy how it looks like but I have some space for baggage.

Bild

Mostly I am using only the left one since bike looks much nicer without saddlebag on the right side.

I plan to by one bigger saddlebag only for the left side and to mount it a bit lower since the left side is clean (no exhaust pipe). I am considering MCJ bag or similar I think this bike deserves better quality and the better look.
*** Der Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar, zum Login. ***

12. Apr 2015, 06:14

I went through the forum and noticed that you are also presenting other bikes......so my second bike is Harley Ironhead from 1972., 1000ccm, only kickstart.
Fully rebuilt and customized last year - good as new but one of a kind. Springer fork is original Harley pre-War.
Last year during Harley week at Faak am See, at the custom bikes show, I won the second place.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

BildBild

12. Apr 2015, 07:56
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I know your problem with the baggage. I think everyone here does it.
When i need place for something, I also use the left side for my bag. So it's not wrong to think about a saddlebag with more place.
Your Ironhead looks also great, so I understood that you win a price for it.
You really put a lot of love in your bikes :a007:
Cheers
Ingo

12. Apr 2015, 09:18

Thanks,

I am also thinking about a backrest for my drifter - removable one. Idea is to have a back rest that can be folded to create a baggage grill when needed. The "blueprint" is still in my head but I will discuss the idea with the guy who made saddlebags mounts since he can make whatever you can imagine.

You can find something similar on the solo seat for Harley Rocker C - only in Harley case it can be used as a second seat (and I do not need that) and it can be folded below the seat.

12. Apr 2015, 09:51
Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 14 Beiträge ] Gehe zu Seite  1, 2  Nächste